IF ANY PROFESSIONAL PRESENTS THEIR EXPERT OPINIONS / REPORTS IN ANY MATTER, THEY CANNOT BE CONSIDERED CRIMINALS
VITAL EXCERPTS OF THE JUDGEMENT PRONOUNCED TO ABSOLVE TWO VALUERS FRAMED BY CBI FOR WRONG VALUATION BY THE HON’BLE CBI COURTS AT DELHI ON 27.10.2021
- No sufficient material is available on record to show that the valuation was carried out with criminal intent.
- Mere fact that there was a difference in the valuation of property by an expert and the face value of the sale deed does not ipso facto means that the valuation given by a professional valuer is actuated by any criminal intent.
- Two independent valuations of similar market rate shows that they were carried out as professional job works. Valuation report by the valuers was not binding on the bank officials, as the mandatory Circulars required them to consider the Sale Deed value of property.
- Furthermore, CBI has not brought on record anything to show that in arriving at his valuation, the valuers did not follow any procedure or norm or that they went out of the way to favor the accused or to the bank.
- ‘There is nothing on record to show that any illegal gratification was paid to this valuer either by any accused or by the officials of the bank.
- Moreover, any Expert Opinion be it for valuation of the property or for comparison of signatures or any other forensic assignment, are to be prepared as per their domain norms and procedures.
- When no material is available on record to show that the valuer’s opinion is biased by any criminal intent or illegal gratification, simply because a particular Investigating Agency is of the opinion that the valuation or conclusion ought to have been somewhat different does not mean that Experts are criminals.
I always suggest that traveling on the path towards success with four wheels of Reliability, Competency, Integrity, and Transparency comprehending Ethics and Morality provides a kind of confidence where a professional is able to achieve his aims and objectives with ease and dignity.
Vinay k Goel
Hon Gen. Secretary IOV,
MD & CEO IOV RVF
READ FULL LETTER SHARED FOR INFORMATION & KNOWLEDGE