Town planning is the process of managing land resources. It involves the control of existing and new developments, as well as strategy preparation to ensure manage future requirements. It is a dynamic process that changes in response to policy, development proposals and local needs. Planning means pre-thinking and pre-arranging things before an event takes place so as to achieve good results in health, convenience, comfort and happiness of all living beings. By careful planning, we can eradicate the mistakes of the past and be wiser in the future. Town planning has gained a lot of importance today. New towns are being developed. It has become very important for the town planners to concentrate on old development as well as the new development. It is essential that old and new development are linked properly. Energy efficiency in planning should be the goal of any town planner, urban designer or an architect.
Benefits Town Planning:
- To correct the past errors as far as possible.
- To provide civic aesthetics of the town.
- To attempt an orderly appropriate and balanced arrangements of land use.
- To develop healthy, attractive and efficient environment in the city.
- To promote a high level of culture.
- To create and maintain an attractive central core and make it the cultural, financial, commercial and entertainment centre.
- To provide an interrelated balanced transportation system adequate to meet the needs of everyone in the urban community.
- To encourage the attraction, retention and expansion of a sufficient number and variety of industries and business activities to provide jobs to the people and to get more income to
- To create a sense of dignity, identity, pride and responsibility in the social environment.
- To establish and maintain a consistent housing policy providing for decent housing open to all persons in the community at reasonable prices and rents.
- To encourage vigorous programmes of inspection, maintenance of health environment in the city.
- To encourage the development of neighbourhoods as social and recreational units and promote the
- To develop parks and recreation facilities to optimum standards based on local needs preserving as many sites of natural and historical significance as possible.
- To provide maximum educational and medical
- To provide maximum utility service facilities to reach all people of the city.