DATA REQUIRED TO PREPARE AN ESTIMATE
If the drawings are not clear and without complete dimensions, the preparation of estimation becomes very difficult. So, It is very essential before preparing an estimate.
- a) General Specifications: This gives the nature, quality, class and work and materials in general terms to be used in various parts of wok. It helps no form a general idea of
- b) Detailed Specifications: These gives the detailed description of the vari- ous items of work laying down the Quantities and qualities of materials, their proportions, the method of preparation workmanship and execution of
For preparing the estimate the unit rates of each item of work are re- quired.
- 1. For arriving at the unit rates of each
- 2. The rates of various materials to be used in the
- 3. The cost of transport
- 4. The wages of labour, skilled or unskilled of masons, carpenters, Mazdoor, ,